As I haven't changed my heading aphorism in a long time and in the light of recent revelations ...
- Member of Parliament expenses
- the National Health Service IT programme to keep all our healthcare records in one massive database
- government plans to introduce a national ID database
- various losses of confidential data on computers, USB sticks and even paper, both civil and military
- Joao de Menezes murder by the UK police
it is time to change my head aphorism to ...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
" Who watches the Watchmen?"
from Juvenal's Satires, VI, 347 - epigraph to the 1987 US Tower Commission Report into the Iran-Contra affair.