Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life goes on, doesn' it ?

... you've just got to get on with it.

I met A. and her daughter H. (with ALL) attending Borchardt Clinic yesterday when I went with Kezia yesterday. I asked about husband and father S. who I knew had terminal cancer, and learned he died just under two months ago. A. and H. were superficially cheerful (and hence the title of this post).

I phoned A. last night and both A. and I ended up in tears ... the worst time for A. is when she is on her own. S. used to work shifts and would often be at home during the day when the kids were at school. For me also, the worst time is at the weekends when I am alone.

Interestly, A. told me that S.'s treatment could not compare with the treatment our daughters are receiving at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.

No comments: