Saturday, February 9, 2008

Misrepresentation

On Friday, a Guardian (UK national newspaper) journalist, Sara Gaines, claimed on the newspaper´s blog that I was in favour of Saturday morning GP opening based on this post.

No, Sara, I am not.

Drs Crippen and Rant and every other GP in the UK I must apologise ... I am not in favour of you doing OOH on Saturday mornings and I am not in favour of the NHS and doctors and nurses ¨abusing¨ the EWTD, even if that means longer training time. I hope, if you read that post, you did not interpret it as Sara did.

If she had read the post more analytically perhaps, she would have seen I am in favour of the government fulfilling Out-of-Hours services as it said it would (but hasn´t) and that queues of ambulances outside A & E Departments would not exist (but do).

Ok - now I am in favour of polyclinics and walk-in centres. They should function from 19:00 to 08:00 and weekends with a full-service of lab techs, nurses, quacktitioners of every breed, cleaners to mop up the blood, MRSA and C. difficile and oh ... uh ... doctors ...

... maybe an NHS IT Spine.

We want to see a Doctor.

No comments: