Monday, March 21, 2011

Coals to Newcastle

Since the beginning of February I have been coordinating the start-up of the educational component of the Indian Pan-African e-Network in São Tomé e Príncipe. A very worthwhile initiative involving all members of the African Union and also including tele-medicine whereby African medical personnel can consult with and receive training from their Indian colleagues. A shining example of how the South can cooperate with the South! Examples such as this are, as yet, few and far between ... but I am sure they will grow.

As part of the agreement between the AU and India, each African country receives an Indian technician - we received ours, Deepak, on Tuesday and I met him on Wednesday. Seemingly a really nice guy - so much so that I invited him to lunch on Saturday knowing that our country is not famous for its hospitality!

On Wednesday night he phoned me ... "How do I cook rice?" !!!!

South - South Culinary Cooperation!

No comments: