Monday, March 30, 2009

From my best friend

you're a long-standing friend, so I want to share this with you, although the news ain't good.

I've not been well since last Sept, and noticed a lump on my neck which I went ot the GP about and initially he said it was nothing to worry about.
Anyway, it wasn't going away, so I went back 2 weeks ago & he decided he didn't like aforementioned lump at all.

He sent me to a consultant... 6 hours at the hospital, Needle biopsy, camera down my throat, being poked with sticks, x-rays, ultrasound, you name it...

However,
the results aren't good I'm afraid, as I have cancer.

It is a malignant tumour on the back of my tongue. Apparently the lump on my neck was a red flag, indicating something dodgy going on out of sight. They are doing an investigative op on my tongue next next Monday, and an MRI scan on Wednesday.

They are being cautiously optimistic, and are using phrases like 'we are aiming for a cure'.

I have decided that I am NOT going to bugger about on the internet scaring myself crapless, and I shall divert that energy into being optimistic myself.

This has come as a shock (no sh*t).

But this isn't priviledged information: if people ask you & want to know where I am, I believe in telling the truth (rather than having some big secretive drama). So please share where feels appropriate.
I'm telling people.

more news as I get it Angus, and love to you & the family.

Rosie x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is terrible news!!! Prayers and positive thoughts!!!


Lea White
http://whitesinnz.blogspot.com