Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Very Small

An update from my friend Rosie ...

"I had my first op yesterday, and they have confirmed that yes, there is a malignant tumour right on the back of my tongue, so far back it's actually in my throat.

The good news is that it is small - 'very small' as the consultant put it. My favourite phrase this week is 'very small'.

Naturally, the hope is that this is the primary tumour, and the lump on my neck is the secondary, and that it hasn't spread.

I won't find this out until the MRI scan (tomorrow, Weds, they have brought it forward, hurrah).

Then I get the results from the whole shebang next Tuesday, when I find out what treatments are going to happen, and in what order.

I want to thank you sooooo much for the love that's been coming from you. I can't begin to say how much it is treasured - well, I CAN begin, so there. Here I am beginning to say how much it means to me.

talk again soon - but it may be email rather than phone, as I'm pretty croaky today. No surprise as I had a large Maglite shoved down my throat for 2 hours yesterday morning. Any further fnarr fnarr jokes cheerfully accepted.

love to you, & the family

Rosie xxx"

No comments: